St. Patricks Church, Lough Gur was built in 1831. In the “Farm by Lough Gur” it is described as “a poor plain little chapel. There was an altar with a large crude statue of the Blessed Virgin on it and two vases for flowers. There was a gallery around the walls and on either side of the aisle little enclosed pews to hold two” It was refurbished in 1979 and re-opened on the 16th December of that year which was a proud moment for the people in the community. As in Knockainey, the Harry Clarke studio windows are greatly admired. The present parish priest is Fr. Liam Holmes who is assisted by Fr. Sean Fennelly – chaplain at John the Baptist Community School, Hospital.