The Lough Gur Community Liaison Administrator will be the primary point of contact for Lough Gur residents to ensure that Lough Gur Development is delivering services that are of benefit to the local community. This includes scheduling bookings at the Honey Fitz Theatre and Lough Gur Heritage Centre, carrying out administrative duties as required and promoting community events via a local newsletter and social media sites specifically created to inform local residents of upcoming events and dates of interest. If you are committed to improving community life in a rural area, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
This role is funded by Pobal and as such applicants must be in receipt of a social welfare benefit to apply.
To apply send a cover letter and cv to [email protected]
Position: Administrator (Part-time 19.5 hours)
Reporting to: Manager of Lough Gur Development Co-op
The main responsibility of the part time administrator is to assist with generating income through social enterprise activities for facilities managed by Lough Gur Development. This role is particularly focused on supporting the community of Lough Gur to maximise use of the Honey Fitz Theatre and Lough Gur Heritage Centre.
This role is funded by Pobal to assist with rural development. To comply with funding criteria, applicants must be in receipt of a social welfare payment. This may include disability or jobseekers’ benefit. Note that your benefit may be reduced, withdrawn or altered depending on your personal circumstances. Please consult with your social welfare officer before applying to understand fully how applying for this role may affect your payments.
- Assist the management team and committee of Lough Gur Development to maximise use of the Honey Fitz Theatre and Lough Gur Heritage Centre as recognised venues for training, events, visitor enjoyment and entertainment.
- Work to develop what is on offer for local community members at both facilities including club, society and educational offerings to improve utilisation of the venues through innovative methods.
- Create a quarterly community newsletter to update residents on new events and information.
- Liaise with users to identify patron profiles, oversee booking system for both facilities.
- Facilities enhancement to improve attractiveness of the facilities to users, performers and audiences.
- Link and network with community venues in Limerick to cross sell and promote services on offer.
- Administration relating to grants, sponsorship and donations to support the venue’s programme.
- Work as a guide and retail assistant in Lough Gur Heritage Centre when required.
- Sale of tickets and receptionist duties during events at the Honey Fitz Theatre.
- Improve relationships with CSP/Pobal funded enterprises in this region via the established CSP network.
- Provide information updates to groups relating to new activities.
- Effectively carry out administration in accordance with Pobal guidelines.
- Liaise with businesses’, both commercial and visitor based, to explore opportunities in seeking additional activities using facilities managed by Lough Gur Development.
- Assist with marketing Lough Gur to existing and potential users.
- Assist with the festival organising committees to plan, promote and organise festivals in the locality. Extend the scope and profile of the current competition to include workshops prior to the event.
Any other related and additional duties that may be necessary.
- Leaving certificate and further training appropriate for this role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to work well with others in teams.
- Experience in a similar role is desirable.
Place of work
- Lough Gur Heritage Centre & Honey Fitz Theatre
Rate of Pay & Contract Information
The rate of pay for this role is €13 per hour. The contract is subject to continued funding from Pobal to support this role. There is a 6 months probationary period from commencement date.
For further information contact: [email protected] or phone 061 385186
Applicants are asked to email a CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Oct 28th 2019.