Lough Gur has inspired writers for generations. If you are aged between 7 and 13 we would love to hear about what inspires you about Lough Gur! Is it the history, mythology, archaeology, natural environment or is there something else about Lough Gur that you adore? Let us know and you could become an award winning writer!
Enter your Lough Gur inspired story to be in with a chance to win a €20 One for All voucher and a VIP membership for Lough Gur Heritage Centre covering one full year from the time of re-opening. To be in with a chance to become an award winning writer send your story to [email protected].
To enter this competition you must be between the ages of 7-13 years, the story should be inspired by Lough Gur and be no longer than 500 words. The closing date is Monday 30th March and the winner will be announced on Friday 3rd April 2020.
Ideas for Stories – Mythology, fairies, nature, history, Neolithic life, the Iron Age, the Bronze Age, Medieval times, castles, personal experience at Lough Gur, swans, friendships, family, adventures etc.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The following terminology applies to these terms and conditions: “Entrant”, “You” and “Your” refers to the person partaking in a competition and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “the Company”, “Lough Gur Development” “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to Lough Gur Development.
- In order to enter any competition, entrants must correctly undertake the task set in the instructions outlined in the competition. Competitions are only open to those identified as being permitted to enter or requested to enter.
- All text and any other content or information (collectively and severally called (“Competition Materials”) that you submit to Lough Gur Development shall become the sole and exclusive property of the Company, and Lough Gur Development shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any competition materials.
- Lough Gur may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of Competition Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created – throughout the world and for any purpose – without compensation to you of any kind.
- Entries must be strictly in accordance with these terms and conditions and any other conditions stated in the messaging or promotions around such competitions, or they will be invalid. One entry is permitted per person, unless the contest announcement specifically states that multiple entries are allowed. Entries from unaffiliated agents and/or third parties shall not be accepted. All entrants must be over the age of 7 and under the age of 13, unless stated otherwise.
- You acknowledge and agree that Lough Gur Development shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any competition materials that you submit.
- You acknowledge and agree that Lough Gur Development may make competition materials that you submit available for public viewing, reviewing, and commenting.
- Neither Lough Gur Development nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred because of any winner’s use of a prize including, but in no way limited to, each and every aspect of the taking of a trip or tour as part of a contest prize.
- Lough Gur accepts no responsibility or liability for entries or information relating to entries that are lost.
- By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to that competition or contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
- Any prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising the competition. No cash or other alternative may be requested by the winner and prizes are non-transferable.
- Each contest will state a deadline for entry and the date when the winner(s) will be announced.
- By entering this Lough Gur competition on social media the entrant is agreeing to having their name/social media profile used in the announcement of the winner on social media.
- All entrants to this Lough Gur competition agree to being contacted by Lough Gur in relation to this competition.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts. These Competition Terms and Conditions were last updated on 23rd March 2020.